Please read the following document carefully to understand Global Telco Consult GmbH’s (GTC) practices regarding how GTC collects and processes personal information due to your interaction with GTC.
You can object to processing your personal data and/or implement your data subject rights by contacting GTC at any time in text form (e.g. GTC’s email address email@example.com). After the revocation, GTC undertakes to stop processing and permanently remove and delete all personal data that has been processed by GTC (where permanent removal and deletion are possible). The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the process based on the consent up to the withdrawal.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Global Telco Consult GmbH, headquartered in Aribostraße 15, 82166 Gräfelfing, Germany. The data controller is based in the territory of the European Union.
All questions, comments and requests relating to this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Policy Statement
1.2. When processing personal data, GTC follows these principles (including, but not limited):
- GTC only asks for personal information that is strictly necessary.
- Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- GTC does not share your personal information unless you consent to it, and/or GTC needs to comply with a legal requirement(s) and/or needs to protect our or third parties’ rights.
- Personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
2. What Do We Process, and for Which Purposes
2.1 GTC may process personal information that is provided by you or that was collected during your interaction with GTC (i.e., writing an email to GTC, browsing GTC’s website, etc.) or due to the use of GTC services. So, personal data that GTC may process vary depending on the nature of your interaction with GTC and the tools used for the interaction (in more detail, the data that GTC may process is indicated in this Policy further on).
2.2 GTC may also process your personal information to enhance the safety and security of GTC’s services, for service provision, for recruitment, for customer support, for research and development, to send marketing and non-marketing communications to users (that have given their consent) or in connection with legal proceedings.
3. Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
3.1 GTC will only process your personal data (information) if there is a legal basis. The legal basis for processing your personal information shall be according to Article 6 of the GDPR:
- When the processing of your personal information is your consent, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
- When the processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR
- When processing your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
- When the processing of your personal information is necessary to protect your vital interests or of another natural person, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (d) GDPR
- When the processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (e) GDPR.
- When processing your personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or by us, the lawful basis for processing shall be Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
4. How GTC Safeguards Your Data?
4.1. GTC adopts appropriate technical and organisational measures when collecting, storing and processing your personal information to ensure the level of protection appropriate to the risk in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR, primarily to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. The measures include ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data.
4.2. GTC does not sell, trade or otherwise commercialise your personal information to third parties. If, in the course of GTC’s business, GTC discloses, transfers or grants access to your personal information, that shall be done on a legal basis. GTC may share personal information with GTC’s data processors, i.e. companies GTC engages to process data within a legally defined scope, Art. 28 GDPR, such as IT, sales, marketing, finance, consulting, customer service and human resources. In this case, GTC will remain responsible for protecting your personal information.
4.3. Your personal information will only be disclosed to GTC´s employees and contractors (GTC team) that (i) need to know that information to process it on GTC´s behalf or to provide GTC’s services, including safe and effective functioning of GTC´s website and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose such personal information to third parties, without your consent. Other than to the GTC team, as described above, GTC discloses potentially person-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or another governmental request or when GTC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of GTC, third parties or the public at large.
4.4 Your personal information will be processed within the European Union or the European Economic Area (unless the transfer is automatic and used by third parties that provide specific functionalities to GTC’S website and/or other IT tools, plugins, etc., therefore, please check Privacy Policies, Privacy Notices, etc. of these third parties’). If GTC exceptionally transfers your personal information to a third country, GTC will guarantee the requirements of Art. 44 ff. GDPR, such as a third country with an adequacy decision, the execution of standard contractual clauses or based on your explicit consent, are met.
4. Transfers to third countries
5. For How Long Does GTC Stores Your Information?
5.1. GTC stores your data until it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data has been collected. For instance, guarantee that you can access GTC’s website or provide GTC services to you. Additional storage of personal data may occur if it is necessary according to applicable law.
5.2. You may at any time contact GTC if you do not want GTC to process your personal data any longer (e.g. writing an email to email@example.com).
6. What Rights Do I have?
6.1. You have the right to:
- Right of access: To request if and which information regarding the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients of the data or the envisaged storage period (Art. 15 GDPR);
- Right to rectification and erasure: To request that incorrect or incomplete data is rectified or supplemented (Art. 16 GDPR); and to request the erasure of data in certain cases under Art. 17 GDPR;
- Right to object: To object to the processing of data on the grounds of legitimate interests (Art. 21 (1) GDPR);
- Right to restriction of processing: To demand under certain circumstances the restriction of data where erasure is not possible or the erasure obligation is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR);
- Right to withdraw: To withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 (3) GDPR);
- Right to data portability: To data portability,e. you can receive the data which you provided to us in a commonly used and machine-readable format (Art. 20 GDPR);
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR) (Das Bayerische Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht).
7. Children’s Privacy
7.1. GTC does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals who are under the minimum required ages specified herein. You must be at least 16 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is greater, to use our services. Individuals under the applicable age may use our services only through a parent or legal guardian’s account and with their knowledge of the use of such services.
8. GTC’s Website
8.1. When accessing GTC’s website, GTC may process your personal information to guarantee the website’s availability and provide you with GTC services. You may prevent the processing of your personal information by preventing the storage of cookies also by third parties on your computer, by not allowing the tracking functionality of your browser, by deactivating the script code in your browser or by installing a script blocker in your browser.
8.2. When accessing the website, GTC may collect non-personal identifying information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and date and time of each visitor request. GTC’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to understand better how GTC’s website visitors use the website and how to improve the GTC website accordingly.
- Required cookies. Are cookies that are necessary so that you can navigate through GTC’s website and use its essential functions.
- Session cookies. These cookies which are only stored on your computer for the duration of your website session. They simply contain a transaction ID. For certain services, we use persistent cookies stored on your computer for future sessions. In this case, we notify you about the cookie’s storage period. You can set your browser to prevent these cookies from being stored or to delete the cookies at the end of your website session. However, please remember that in this case, you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our website.
- Performance and functionality cookies. These cookies that are used to supplement our website functionality (e.g., cookies that support videos on our website). You can opt-in to the processing of these cookies when accessing our website. You can set your browser to prevent these cookies from being stored or to delete the cookies at the end of your website session. However, please remember that in this case, you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our website.
- Analytics and customisation. These cookies that can track and analyse how you use our website, to help us provide a better experience to you. You can opt-in to the processing of these cookies when accessing our website. You can set your browser to prevent these cookies from being stored or to delete the cookies at the end of your website session. However, please remember that in this case, you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our website.
- Advertising. These cookies that can be first or third-party cookies. These are used for the purpose of advertising relevant content to you based on your preferences. You can opt-in to the processing of these cookies when accessing our website. You can set your browser to prevent these cookies from being stored or to delete the cookies at the end of your website session. However, please remember that in this case, you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our website.
- Third-party cookies. Third-party cookies are any cookies created by a domain other than our own that may be deployed on our website. On our website, we have integrated third-party services that provide their services on their own responsibility. When visiting our website, data is collected using cookies or similar technologies and transmitted to respective third-party. To what extent, for what purposes and based on which legal basis further processing takes place, please refer to the data protection information of the third party.
Contact Form. When contacting GTC through the contact form on GTC’s website, all information you provide will be sent to an email address of GTC. The contact form is how you contact GTC to learn more about GTC’s services or to contact GTC regarding any questions you may have. The legal basis for processing personal data is your consent to process the personal data provided by you (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR and the legitimate interest for the purpose of establishing contact with you and/or responding to your questions/requests, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The personal information required is your first name, last name, email address and subject. You may provide other information to us in the message text, such as the company you work for and your job position.
Hosting. The hosting services of GTC’s website are provided by Checkdomain GmbH, a Dogado Group Company, Große Burgstraße 27/29, 23552, Lübeck. The hosting provides services such as infrastructure and platform services, storage space and database services, security services and technical maintenance services, which we use to provide GTC’s online services. The legal basis for processing personal data is the legitimate interest in providing our online services, Art. 6 (1) f. GDPR.
Youtube. We use Youtube provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Youtube is a global online video-sharing and social media platform, and GTC uses Youtube to display videos on the website. The legal basis for processing personal data is the legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. For more information, access: Understanding the basics of your privacy on Youtube.
9. Contact via Email
9.1. You can contact GTC via email. In this case, the personal data that you provide will be processed by GTC (first name, last name, email address, company name, mobile number, subject and message).
9.2. GTC will only process your personal data to provide you with the information requested. The legal basis for the processing of data is the necessary legitimate interest in continuing with the conversation (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) and/or your consent (given by sending an email to GTC) (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR). If the purpose of the email contact is related to a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
9.3. Your personal information will be stored as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose, which means when the conversation or information you required by email has been concluded. The period necessary to provide you with the information or services required.
10. Final Provisions
Global Telco Consult GmbH
Phone +49 89 78068010